Feature Request: Variable Modal Types

Wonderful plugin by the way, thanks.

Wondering if there may be plans to add more filter types, and a modal similar to supermodal? Think this would be an absolute game changer, and possibly have me using my Sherman Filterbank2 less!

Possibly a way to cross modulate between all 3 states into the modal or similar to supermodal driving SVF into modal output? (just spitballing here)

Also, adding in a some form of a Bode Frequency Shifter mode/modal if possible?

Haven’t played around enough yet with it, but is there a way to have it do feedback loops?

Thank you for your feedback and feature requests.

Yes, we plan on adding more filter types. We haven’t decided yet on the modal filter, but if we do it, it will be simplified and/or different than the one in supermodal due to CPU usage limitations. Our take on Bode Frequency Shifter is also highly possible as one of the future filter updates. We are still considering adding the feedback loop functionality.

2 Likes

No problem, looking forward to creating some bizarre sounds, and using it in my upcoming projects! :metal:t6:

Understandable, not sure if you all have thought of using either a Z-Plane or some form of a cubic idea, but that could also maybe work for less CPU usage. Where the “modal” could look to morph between a set of user-defined presets. This way as more filter types are added, instead of having the extra added function, instead the code calls to morph between user presets that are maybe starred or “ticked” and added to a bank of sorts… (Rambling here and hoping it makes sense)

Both are also really great to know they’ve been discussed, could maybe be variable or something…

Also, thanks for the rather fast reply.

Be a great day

1 Like